Pages

Feed icon

Thursday, December 16, 2010

itS WatCh

eco-chic way to tell time


Last week when I was in Las Vegas for several fashion tradeshows, I mentioned in my previous post that I'd come across some awesome new brands at the POOL show. I brought home a few new pieces and one of them that I can't stop wearing is my watch from the company, WeWood.

"WEWOOD has emerged out of Italy as an emblem of eco-luxury and design, committed to the health of our planet. WEWOOD is the avant-garde approach to sophisticated sustainability."

This brand is great for several reasons. 1) they use 100% organic materials, 2) they plant a tree for each watch bought, 3) they are amazing to look at! Plus, bonus for me - they are from Florence, Italy! I actually have been looking for an oversized watch for several months now, mainly to wear as another bracelet, since I haven't worn a watch since middle school. I'm not too into having a reminder of time on my arm at all times, but lately I thought it might be a nice accessory addition.


So glad that I was introduced to WeWood because it's so perfect for what I was looking for. It's SO lightweight, you barely notice it's on your arm, plus the proportions are perfect for the look I wanted.

The watches come in two styles and four types of wood. The one I have is Maple, but there's also a black Ebony, a brown "Red Wing Celtis" wood which is salvaged wood from flooring material waste, and a greenish "Guaiaco" wood from South America usually used in herbal remedies.


With a slogan of "Contribute to the Health of Our Planet. Yes, WE WOOD!", the company uses 100% organic and toxic-free wood and materials, and for each watch purchased a tree is planted in North America. Definitely, an eco-chic option for all the fashionistas out there, and a way to feel good about what you're wearing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment